Grand Adventure 1-25-16

The Grand Adventure of 2016
January 25, 2016

It was a lovely warm day here on Little Mountain.  We hung out at home until 1:30 then we left to go meet Jill near Bellingham for lunch at Bob's Burgers and Brew.  I had the Senior Mini Special, a salad with one piece of cod and two prawns.  It was delicious.  Along with that I had a Raspberry Creamsicle, a very delicious and creamy drink.  But I only had one.  We had a great time catching up with Jill and finding out how her packing for the big move was coming along.  Slow but she is trying to get organized, she only had two weeks then the move is on.  I believe she is still excited to be getting back out on her own again.  From Bob's we went to Walmart, I bought a cutting mat, a straight edge and a rotary cutter.  I can cut some potholders tomorrow and get some sewing started.  Anne picked up some fabric for a new shirt.  I think as soon as we find a pattern it will be on the cutting board.  After that will work in outfits for the little girls.

We had planned on going to Joann's but it was to dark when we left Walmart so opted to just come on home.

A sewing machine was delivered today so I can actually start a sewing project in the morning.  I have some homespun to make some chenille potholders for Jill's new apartment.  I picked out a blue check and they are only potholders so it really doesn't matter what color.

I turned on the Christmas lights this morning for the second day.  Anne is really enjoying them a lot do will turn them on every day for her.

It was about 50 out today, I was out in just my fleece vest and was very comfortable.  There was no rain and I could see the mountains with the snow on top.  Wish I could have gotten a good photo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the quiet of the day

Christmas 1955