February 18, 2016
1:00 am
Krazy Karyn Farm
Soldotna, Alaska

Today I have been here a week!  The kids are doing much better, almost acting like normal.  Karyn did take the, to the doctor and got the, some meds.  Both Kathel and Maybel have ear infections but the meds have made all the difference and only have two doses.  They do have 10 days worth and it is gritty and neither one wants to take it so it will get harder and harder as the days go by.

Last night I went to hockey practice to watch the boys play hockey.  It was fun, they divided the rink into three practice areas and the group into three groups and each are practiced a different play.  I only could figure out the first rink were they were shooting the puck into the net.  The middle rink I didn't get at all and the last rink they pushed a ball around with their feet.  Then in the end they played a game of a minnow and sharks.  A few of the kids start out in the middle and they Are the Sharks as the skaters go by they tag them and add to the sharks pool. Until everyone is caught.  Reminded me of  "over red rover" a game we plays s kids.

Ira came home yesterday, he will be home for a week.  He made a new recipe of sour dough bread that turn out very tasty.  Seems he loves to bake and is going to make banana bread tomorrow.  Certainly not good for my diet!  I believe I have gained five pounds so far on this trip. I will really have to work hard to take it back off when I get home.  It has been very difficult to stick low carb on this trip and Karyn is no longer following a strict low carb diet as she goes running several times a
week.

Yesterday morning two moose were in the front yard.  I have never been so close to a one of them
and they are huge!  Bigger than a horse!  They stayed for a long time enjoying a breakfast of pine trees.  



Today I get to go watch Asher at Ninja school.  I hope he is excited to go as he can be very contrary to doing anything.

11:00 am

We are getting ready to head out the door.  Asher is ready too.  He has been painting airplanes all morning and I think he is ready for something new.

I have been sewing, working on five chenille Potholders.  They sure take a lot of time with all the top
stitching that is required.  Thank goodness I have the stitching finished and ready to start doing the
cutting.  After that it will be a breeze to finish them off.



7:30 pm

Ninja school was a big success.  Asher volunteered every time the teacher asked for a volunteer and he took a leadership role in the activities.  Hi did a great job and seemed to have a lot of fun.


Dinner was a trial as Asher did not want to even try his dinner, it was a fight yo get him to take a bite but when he finally did he liked it!  So he ate it right down with no more fussing.  Maybs was fussy so she went to bed.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day