November 25, 2022

Friday after Thanksgiving.  I did not hear from any of my sisters and for once I did not contact them to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving.  I am tired of being the one to initiate contact between us and I am giving up on trying to sta y connected.  If they want to connect with me, they know how to contact me.  It is sad we are not connected to one another, but I am sure the most intimate reason is politics!  What a sad reason to talking to one another.  I am the odd man out with my politics, and I vehemently disagree with theirs.  I can't agree to follow a man who doesn't know the difference between the truth from a lie, one who thinks he is a king or a God to be followed no matter what.  A man who has been very divisive in his policies and done his best to divide the country by ethnicity and political party.  he constantly pitted one party against the other and blamed the people on the other side for everything.  He courted acceptance from the enemies of our country and possibly accepted significant amounts of cash to accommodate their wishes.  It will not be known for years the amount of damage he has actually caused our country.


Today is the last day of fairly warm weather for a week and we are only expecting to see a high of 28 after today it is going down to single digits!  Time to get out the warm woolies for the next several days.  But then this is Alaska and what does one expect in the winter months.   We do have a few hours of daylight but until the winter solstice they will continue to decrease after which we will begin to gain daylight again, but by then I hope to be in Michigan for a few months.  I have 317 boxes that need to be unpacked and sorted from the flood in 2021.  I am sure Ruth and Beth will volunteer to help so it might not be too bad.  Maybe I am do a junk sale over at Beth's in town.  Might be able to get rid of more stuff there than at my house.


I did hear from all my girls yesterday, Melissa sent a text, I had dinner with Karyn and Elvine called in the evening.  Was nice to hear from them all.  I sent Eric and Kasie a text and they both responded.  I did not hear from Sean or Kyra and I did not text them.  I never hear from them and I am not going to remind them by texting them that I am their grandmother!


Time to finish this short entry and post it. Tomorrow is another day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day