mittens

Finished my first pair of mittens in five years.  They will go into the donation box.  I am sure that some young girl will be happy to get them.  They are small and I am not sure they will fit and adult.  But whoever gets them should be happy with them.  I am considering joining a mitten mystery knit-a-long.  It has already started but they are only on clue two and I am sure I can catch up, also, it looks like they are only making one mitten at a time.  At least by starting out behind I have an idea of what the pattern is looking like and maybe pick different yarn colors.  Since I am trying to work from my stash I don't always have a good selection of colors to work with.  But I will make what I have work for this project.

It has been another cold day here.  The last I looked it was still -6 degrees outside. Glad I don't have to go anywhere.  Karyn even made and delivered my dinner!  Beef and broccoli over rice it was excellent, and I expect she will be making it.  She said she is going to do more cooking at home so she has more control over the food they are eating and getting away from processed foods.  Asher is just gaining to much weight, and she needs to try to set him on a healthier path with food.  She has tried it before and given up but hopefully she will do better this time.

Some days I wonder if I made the right choice to move here even though the kids are right next door I don't see much of them and I do get lonely.  But I do realize it would be no different if I were still in Michigan.   So I will keep up with what I am doing and plan my next trip to Michigan.

I found the poem I was searching for and it is in draft form here on this site.  Now I can work on it and get it finished as well as a few other draft ideas that are sitting out there waiting to be fleshed out and finished.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day