February 12, 2016
Soldotna, Alaska

Well the Grand Adventure of 2016 continues but with a surprise twist!  I am now in Alaska!  My daughter needed help when her children all became sick with some kind of flu.  She even thought she was going to come down with it so she purchased a round trip ticket from Seattle for me to come help her out for ten days.  Sure hope I don't catch it!  Her oldest is a week into this and has finally been temp free for two days.  Her second son was sick during the night, could be the beginning for him and her daughter is on about day three.  They all sound congested and they are all coughing.

She has left me with the kids to go do some shopping in town, groceries and some remodeling supplies she needs for her remodel.  The kids are being good for me but is what I expected.  So while they are playing I need to go clean up her stove which she refuses to do.  I have no idea why either.

My flight up here was uneventful not even any interesting people watch in the airport.  The bus up from Burlington did offer one strange character.  Not sure if it was a guy or a girl but they had a shaded "V" in the middle of their forehead with a red line from the top of their nose to the hairline of their head.  Have no idea what it symbolized.

So now the kids and I are sitting on a love seat in the main room and they are all playing video games on their own devices.   They are allowed to play until the battery dies try they have to wait until the charge is back to 100%.  They get about an hour of video games a day.

I plan on making some no bake chocolate cookies as soon as I get the stove cleaned up enough to use.
I might even baked some chocolate chip ones before I go home.

We have less snow here than at home in Michigan and it is going to be colder in Michigan tonight.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the quiet of the day

Christmas 1955