The Grand Adventure of 2016
January 22
Mt Vernon

Another rainy day is Washington, but no surprise as it rains a lot in Washington according to some people.  I do not generally experience rain when I am here, but it is winter and rain is better than snow.  It was probably in the low 50's today, no jacket needed.  I wore a sweatshirt and was comfortable on our early morning jaunt to the grocery store.  We left at 8:00 as we needed to be back before 9:30 for the cleaning crews.  By the time we returned the guys were here cleaning up the debris on the roof, in the yard and down the driveway.  The other ladies arrived before I had the groceries unloaded and in the house.  They got right to work, doing laundry, mopping the floors, sweeping, dusting and other general cleaning.  They were very loud and we were ready for them to leave before they were finished.

Today was the first dabble actually fixed dinner at home.  I made my hamburger stroganoff which I like and Anne approved.  Yay, as it is one of my low carb dishes and I need to get back on my diet.  It has rained or we have been gone so I have not yet walked up Little Mountain.  Tomorrow I am making garlic chicken, garlic Brussel sprouts and a cauliflower salad.  Jill is coming down for supper and maybe to spend the night.

Looks like I might be getting a sewing machine tomorrow.  Will be moving a table for me to work on so maybe I will get some sewing started.  So far I have been crocheting and some knitting, potholders and dishcloths.  Will let Kathy, Jill and Anne have first choice then Anne can give to cleaning ladies if she wants too.

Sherry is spending the night with Agnes.  I think she needs a break from M more than anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the quiet of the day

Christmas 1955