Family

It has been a long time since I have posted on here and I have really been considering it for some time.  So know is as good a time as any other.  Especially as I am trying to not use a lot of power, keeping as much as I can to a minimum to help keep the kilowatts down.  All because the electric power is jacked up 50% from 2 pm to 7 pm June, July, August and September.  I am more interested in having my AC run to keep the house cool than watch TV, do laundry or run the dishwasher all can be done early or later.  I assume the power company is just trying to conserve so everyone can continue to have power during the hot summer months.

I am here alone for a few hours so its a good time to evaluate some of the things that are going on.  Starting with getting more stuff packed and but away so the girls don't have such a mess to take care of after I am gone.  I did work on the extra bedroom last week and weeded out a lot of paperwork and some other stuff to throw out.  Some has already been burnt and some is still waiting to go.  I even took some to the transfer station so that it would not need to be burnt.  It is very dry here and we do have "red flag" warning about the fire hazard but some people just don't believe it means them!  They are just sure than can handle a fire if it gets out of the fire pit.  However, if a fire should get away form them it is the homeowner who would most likely be held accountable for the cause of the fire.  Yet I know if I were to say anything more I would get hit with attitude so it is better to just let it go.  

Had my Langworthy cousins up for a few hours on Monday,  Was a blast!  It has been two years since we have been together.  We had a lot of memories to share and stories we heard as kids growing up.  Parts of them we didn't all know so put them together and made a more robust history of our big crazy family.  Almost makes we want to revamp and restore Togo's Post just to publish them for the rest of the family.  But no sure I have enough to get a fuller story so maybe I will just publish them here for my own benefit.  I learned more about my great  Aunt Jenny who had two children before her father would not allow her to marry the father of her babies,  For some reason he did not like my Uncle, could be because he was a farmer.  But the story  I learned was they would lock her in the shed if they were going away and she didn't want to go with them.  I guess they did not trust her to not run off to see him.  Then some nights her mother and brothers and sisters would help her escape out of the house to go meet him.  I am sure there is probably more to that story or a great one could be fabricated from the slim information I have.  Might be a fun project for this winter.

Leaned more about Roy too.  We knew that he was adopted by my Uncle Wayne and therefore was a Langworthy.  Even he did not know that until he was 17 or 18 and getting ready to join the Navy.  Found out  when he got a copy of his birth certificate.  However the secret remain in effect until he was in his 40's and accidently let that cat out of the bag.  It is sad but it put a distance between him and the rest of his brothers and sister.   They were not accepting of the fact that he was not a true Langworthy and to this day it has caused a rif within the family as they treat Roy's family with difference as they are not really part of the family circle.  I am sure my great Aunt was very hurt by the treatment he and his children received.  

Even Faith, whose mother was a Langworthy was treated a though she and her sisters did not belong.  Said her uncles tried to take over her mothers funeral and wanted to make sure they were included in any inheritance that was there.  At least Roy stood between then and made sure that the three girls got what was theirs and did not let his brothers railroad them into anything.

Families can be a real pain in the behind!

Even in my family we have a long buried secret and only one cousin living that knows the story and he won't shore it with us.  Someone heard a part of they story as a child and when he asked questions he was shut down and basically told he did not hear when he heard.  So we are left with a mystery without a resolution only speculation.  It had to do with my grandmother, a black man and a baby named Isaac John.  We did hear that Isaac John was given to a sharecropper on the family farm and was never mentioned again.  I would be interesting to find out more but we are not sure where to go to get additional information  As there are probably no birth records form that time period/  My grandmother was born in 1903 and the boy was probably born in the late mid or late 20's we think he might be five or six years older that my mother who was born in 1930 and she never mentioned a brother to us.  



Families 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day