Copper Bottom Pans

 Copper Bottom Pans


When we were growing up my mother had a set of copper bottom pans.  They were the most popular set of pans on the market at the time.  I remember that we had to shine the bottom on those pans every time we did the dishes.  There was a special cleanser we used to clean them and shine them up.  My father had hung a bracket on the wall where we hung the pans every night after we finished doing the dishes.  The gleaming bottoms winked as the lights shone on them.


One afternoon my mother invited my great aunt and uncle over for dinner.  After dinner Sherry and Mike did the dishes.  All the pans were hung on the wall with the bottoms gleaming out when all of a sudden there was an awful racket.  My mother and father rushed to see what had happened.  The pans had all fallen onto the floor, the racket was hanging by one end.  No one was near when the pans fell as Sherry and Mike had already left the kitchen.  My great uncle laughed and said,  “There is never a dull moment at Owen’s house” 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day