How deep can this hole get?

The quagmire just keeps getting deeper and deeper.  Am wondering just how deep it can go.  The CEO is laying out her demands and getting uglier day by day.  She can't stand it that we are there for dad and her family won't come around.  She is trying to blame it all on us saying they don't feel welcome.  It isn't us!  Sherry had always gone out of her way to entertain the CEO's family when they come around.  Even though she would rather not!  We are being pushed away but by bit as the CEO wants total control over dad.  I really think we are going to push back.  Dad told Sherry that they don't need anyone to come stay with them when she goes home.  Except that is really the CEO's edict.  She thinks she can take care of dad by herself.  She can't see, she can't drive and she doesn't like to cook much.  She creates a horrible mess when she does cook and she can't see well enough to know that.  Her latest remark is that she passed out during the night and fell at the foot of the bed.  That is reason enough to know they do not need to be left alone when we are all willing to help out.

So now a few days have gone by and the CEO is putting on a show being super concerned about dad and being extra nice to Sherry.  I am concerned that she will have a meltdown if the kids come up tomorrow.  So I am on guard and watchful of what she does and says.  She did try to buy groceries for our picnic tomorrow but Sherry kept her from getting much.  Plus Karyn and the kids will be here Thursday and the CEO has already commented that she hoped Karyn didn't bring up politics while she is home.  Me, I hope the CEO doesn't bring it up as I have already let Karyn know that the topic is off limits while she is home.

Ruth will not be happy tomorrow when she gets here if Bill doesn't make it over to put the new belt on the mower.  It has been several days since she asked him to go it and he still hasn't made it over.  I may have to go see him in the morning to remind him it still needs to be done.  I don't want her going over there and making a scene.

Sherry and I are thinking we will have a family picnic the 4th of July.  Grayce and her man will be here with Anna.  Karyn and her kids will be here and I think I will let Kate know in case she wants to come over.  But we are not extending to anyone else unless dad wants us to and I don't hink he will.

Eric, Madelyn, Coryn and Kyra are suppose to come up tomorrow.  I hope they make it.  I will be disappointed if they don't come up and since I haven't heard that they are not coming I assume they will show up about 11:00.  We have a picnic planned if it doesn't rain.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day