Anniversary

June 11, 2016

Today would have been my parents 72nd wedding anniversary and tomorrow I will be 699!  We wish mom had survived to celebrate this anniversary and all the ones in between.  I wish she had survived as we would not be having all the conflict that we are having in our big family.  Probably would not have changed anything with my brother but maybe Susie wouldn't have felt so estranged from the rest of us and been more willing to be a part of the family.  I have tried over the years to include her in activities but she just comes off as not wanting to be here or angry that she isn't the one in charge.  Mom once told me that Susie was the most like me and couldn't I talk to her, it didn't work!  Susie resents me the most and I sometimes think it is only because I am the oldest.  She has told lies about me for so long she actually believes them to be the truth.  I know because my daughter has in the past questioned me about them or told me what was said.

Sherry just stopped by on her way to the neighbors to make some cement bowls.  She did say that it was suggested she ask me to John n them, but I declined.  It felt like it was just an afterthought and maybe someone was trying to feel less guilty for ignoring me in the first place.  I do want to work on some cement projects but Sherry and I can do another time as I really want heavier containers than they will be doing today.

I have to get back on my diet for a whole lot of reasons.  My blood sugars are higher than I want them, my clothes are getting tight again and I want to be healthier.  L like eating low carb for the most part it is easy even if I have become bored with the receipes I have been using so time to start using some of the new ones I have accumulated.

I bought a new dehydrator and am experimenting with some different vegetables.  Yesterday I did yellow summer squash, I will be anxious to try it.  Which I should do soon in case I want to do more for this winter.  I have onions, celery, tomatoes,  red peppers and mushrooms already done.  Should be able to make some yummy soup this winter.  Plus I want to make some fruit roll-ups for the kids.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the quiet of the day

Christmas 1955