April 3, 2016

Here it is the third day of April and we are still getting snow!  Today we are under a winter advisory with an anticipated accumulation of 4-6 inches of new snow.  I am ready for spring and warmer weather.  I have flower seeds to plant and how I wont get to plant until after I get home from my trip.  Now at the end of the day we have close to 8 inches of new snow on the ground and it is still coming down.  According to the weather forecast the snow should continue until about six in the morning.



I have been making lace the last couple of days.  Looking for lace edges that are made sideways.  Short rows that build on each other to the length that I want.  I have found three so far.  Not sure what I will end up doing with the lace but is fun just making short samples that show I can do it.

Sample 1



Sample 2


Sample 3


I also finished a red shawl.  I did not have a pattern just a stitch I wanted to do.  The shawl is smaller than I would have liked.  So next one I will need to up my stitches especially with thread.





Ruth came up this afternoon.  I was not surprised!  she had just gotten home from Florida late last night and this was her only opportunity to come up before I leave next Sunday.  I haven't even begun to pack for my trip other than a few odds and ends of tings I don't want to forget.  It is so cold here I am not even sure what to pack other than jeans and tees.  Since I am not a big short wearer I guess it doesn't really matter.  I know I will need warmer clothes for the 10 day I am at Karyn's.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day