April 20, 2016

I arrived to sick kids in Alaska, again!  Some virus that is making the rounds.  The only one who seems to feel good is Asher.  Maybel was okay the day I got here but all downhill from then.  Karyn has gone to bed and said dinner is up to me.  Chicken nuggets and tater tot it is, as I think the kids might eat them.  

I have been to town two days in a row to pick up meds and a few groceries.  Of course I went to Joann Fabrics for some supplies there too especially as their big sale was underway.  Today I saved $145, mainly of patterns as they are so expensive.  They were 1.00 a piece so I picked up five.  Mostly sizes for me.

Made mom's peanut butter cookies for the kids but not sure they will even eat them.  Good thing the recipe is only for two dozen small cookies.  Karyn says she is allergic to peanuts so she won't be eating any of these.  She has a very long list of foods she can no longer eat so it is very difficult to cook for her and she doesn't like to cook anymore because of it.  I think she needs a new dough hook for her mixer as the white coating has cracked and is falling off into the food, not a good thing to have in your food.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day