Christmas

It turned out to be a very cold Christmas Day at my house.  Our power went out on Christmas Eve morning at about 3:30 am and was not restored until Christmas Day at 7:45 pm.  Over 4000 homes and business in my area were without power and some homes still our.  I am thankful that I had access to a generator and was at least able to save my groceries, have lights and turn on the TV for news and entertainment.

Christmas 2015

Spending Christmas home alone
Is nothing new or odd to me.
But spending Christmas in the cold
Gets to be very old.
Yet, it is still, a Christmas to remember.



I penned this short  30 word poem for a contest in my poetry group.    Will always be a reminder of the Christmas of 2015.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day