Relationshihps

Who knew when relationships would become the cornerstone of your life?   The ones we make as adult are so different from the ones we made in high school.  I don't remember any of the ones from high school or do I want to reestablish any of them.  They were long ago and far away and very superficial.  The ones I make today define my world!  They are the people I turn to  when I am in crisis.  The ones I know that will hold my hand and see me through the issues that are dragging me down and derailing my life.  I am so thankful for those relationships I have made as an adult and those that I have found again after many years.  Fostering them and staying in contact whether across the street or across the country has become very important to me.  Just knowing I can call and cry on someones shoulder about the daily turmoil in my life is like having a refreshin tig breach of air.  They  let me now that  my life is worth  living and that there is something better just around the corner if I can only hold on to the day.

I have people in my life that do this for me.  I love them dearly and know that I can count on them for support day or night.  I know that they care about me and what is really happening in my world. I know that they will pray for me daily and hold me up as I struggle through the pain of my life.  It is with the knowledge of there love I can hold my head up and face the challenges of tomorrow.  

Tonight I know that I am loved and someone is thinking and concerned that I am in pain.  They know that I am struggleing for a validation I will never receive.  There is no way I can every know if I am turly loved and I need to reconcile myself to that disappointment yet one more time.  It seems I have delt with this numerous times over my lifetime yet each time it comes up it is as raw as the first time I realized I have no value.  I have to know that my value is what I give to myself and to my children and grandchildren.  It has to go from me outward as it has not come from above me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 1955

In the quiet of the day